OCTOBER 31st | FIGHTERS
PRESENTATION OF THE SPANISH CITIZEN GROUP AGAINST CORRUPTION – State platform of citizens active against corruption
– Audita Sanidad, working Group for a Citizen Debt Audit of the Healthcare System
– Ana Garrido, one of the first to file a complaint in the Gürtel case
– Kontuz, association of citizens, users, consumers and taxpayers from Navarra which uncovered major corruption cases
– Acción Cívica, allows lawyers from across the Spanish state to take part in private prosecutions
– Encarnación Cortés, councilor who denounced irregularities in Benalmádena
– David Fernández, ex-President of the Parliamentary Commission on the Pujol Case as a member of the CUP-Parlament
– Fernando Urruticoechea, who denounced several corruption cases in Spain working in the public administration
– Patricia Suárez Ramírez, activist in defence of banking abuses. Founder and president of ASUFIN
– Pau A. Monserrat, economist author of the book ‘La Banca Culpable’
– Raúl Burillo, Hacienda (Tresoury) inspector, leading the team of inspectors behind the investigation of several corruption cases
12:00 – 14:00
It’s not a crisis, it’s a scam
– Finsalud foundation: Fraud and Health – the effect of financial fraud in the health of people (Spanish).
– Hibai Arbide, journalist and expert on social movements: Greece as a spoiler of what will happen in other countries (Spanish; due to a last minute change, because Hibai Arbide has been sent in urgence as correspondent to Kurdistan, we will contact with him through video-conference).
Special guests: Audita Sanidad, Ana Garrido, Kontuz, Acción Cívica, Encarnación Cortés, David Fernández, Pau A. Monserrat, Raúl Burillo, Ana Méndez, Patricia Suárez, Ale Fernández
15:00 – 16:15
WORKING GROUP: Freedom of expression, freedom of information, freedom of action: state of affairs and coordination of struggles in the Spanish state #LeyesMordaza #LeyTorquemada.
Open to the press and to anyone interested. [More details]
16:15 – 18:30
Surveillance, repression, data protection and civil liberties
– Jeremy Malcolm, leds Electronic Frontier Foundation, organisation defending civil liberties in the digital world – EFF
– Renata Avila, lawyer dedicated to upholding human rights and responding to threats to the Internet, member of Web We Want
– EDRi, organization in defense of the civil digital rights in Europe.
– Arjen Kamphuis, Centre for Investigative Journalism – CIJ – : Presentation of the Spanish edition of the book Information Security for Journalists (Gavin MacFadyen has had to excuse his presence due to important health issues at the last moment; we send him our wishes for a good recovery).
– Alberto Escorcia, LoQueSigue TV – “Bots”, the attack on freedom of expression and organisation. (video-conference)
Special guests: Estelle Massé, Thomas Lohninger, Rejo Zenger, Gaelle Krikorian, Baaroo Foundation.
18:30 – 21:00
Informative WORKSHOPS on digital self-defence and communication privacy rights such as the rights to information and freedom of expression.
+ WORKSHOP FOR JOURNALISTS by the Centre for Investigative Journalism – CIJ
NOVEMBER 2nd | MAKERS
16:00 – 19:30
Conferences: Makers & business models
– Joan Maroto, Lab BAU
– José Laulhé, Ehcofab – FabMóvil
– Susana Moliner, La Companyía
– Defko Ak Ñiëp, Kër Thiossane (video-conference)
– Josef Prusa, RepRap developer
– Judit Panxeta & Lena Prado, MalaHembra
Show conference: “Back to the Future”
All is re-mixable & remixed. A journey through digital popular culture and political audiovisual remixes as a tool for citizen science fiction, by ZEMOS98.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Barcelona!